Trying to deal with criticalities
So I figured out my problem from last week: not fitting all of the faults into Open Office. The solution the people in the lab gave: use Excel. It can load all but 40ish lines, which is in my opinion okay. It'll work for now. I brought my laptop to work, and have that working for graphing.
Now I am trying to think of ways to detect the faults that have high criticality but not decected often. The problem is, calculating criticality is very expensive, we just happen to have those values for the circuit I am looking at (color converter). Criticality means, 'how bad is it if I miss this fault'. So the goal is to do as much pre-processing to not have to calculate so many criticalities of faults.
I am checking the performance of my selected vectors versus those that Yiwen selects. She gave me a file that lists vectors from best to worst, and I select the number of vectors that my script produces from the top of her lists. I check which faults are detected by my vectors, versus Yiwens. They are generally similar... but still Yiwens' vectors catch practically all critical faults
I am not sure how to go on now. For now, I have set a script running, which in retrospect might be a bad idea, to create files for each of the faults, listing the vectors that detect them. Now I realize that there are 66000+ faults, and 5700 vectors, so this might take a while, and be hard to... manage. It would be better than trying to calculate the vectors each time though, I'll see how much space it takes up when it finishes.... if it finishes.