Questions Worth Investigating
- Can we bound the time it takes to complete the task based on inter-site distances, energy requirements, and number of robots?
- Is there an optimal robot replacement policy for a given problem?
- Can we tweak the roadmaps in some way to improve the replacement efficiency? For example, what happens if we split undirected edges into two directed pieces to create 'road lanes'?
- Can we make algorithms that are robust to robot/battery failures?
- How do the properties of the resources affect things? What happens if we vary the simulated weight, number of robots required to move them, add multiple types requiring different drop-off sites, include things like 'hazardous' materials that require special paths, etc.?
Return to Homepage