In the afternoon I had my interview with Anissa, who is an ethnographer investigating the way we do research in the DSSG program. It was nice for me to have a chance to take some time and really reflect on my experience this summer as part of the program. Retrospective consideration for how something went can be useful, and for me I think this interview allowed me to see all the ways this program has helped me grow and why this was a good experience for me right now.
Almost immediately after my interview with Anissa, Anat showed up and we had a mini-meeting to talk about where I was at with the VBA code. After seeing my hold-ups and frustrations, Anat agreed that this might not be possible to do in the given time frame with Access VBA. We decided that my updated goal would be to work with the VBA and see how much I could do for two more days next week, but then by the end of Tuesday I want to have a text file that gives explicit instructions on how to replicate the work I did, going from whatever point I get to by that time. While this is not ideal, it seems like the most practical solution right now, and it takes a bit of the weight off my shoulders now because I don't feel so much pressure to fix every single little VBA issue. Also, if I finish this up by Tuesday, this gives me three final days to help my team with any last minute tasks or analyses they need me to do.