This week, we completed the building of our hallway and avatar and succeeded to have the avatar walk across her. For the rest of the week, we tried to implement a c++ code which enables us to record the position of the player (the future experiment participator) after it movement. We are still not finished with that.
As the week begins, it turned out that the old hall way model we have been using first was still OK to use since it looked similar to the hallway which is already shown in the head mount device. Therefore, we didn't have to try to fix the hallway file with no walls. Professor Interrante helped us with the lighting that was making the hallway look dark while being launched.
The next challenge was to add code to the project which would enable it to save the position of the player and write it out to a text file. Initially we succeeded in getting the current position of the player and displaying it to the screen by using blueprints in stead of coding. Later on, we succeeded in creating a text file every time the game is launched. However, having the position be displayed on the text file didn't turn out to be easy and we are still working on that.