This week we continued working on the code that would let us record the beginning and ending positions of the experiment subjects. Therefore, we added a new class to the existing code of the game and used it in the blueprint to connect it to the rest of the games functionality. In the end, we were able to enable the game to record starting and ending position of the player and record it to a text file. That, on the other hand, will be functional to compare the difference in the distance perception of our experiment subjects between the virtual and the real world.
After this, we spent the rest of the week trying to remove the game's built in movement component (the built in code which makes the characters move around) so that it would not have an effect while connecting the game to a head mount device. However, we haven't finished working on that yet, and we are waiting for more guidance from the graduate student working with us.