Cornell's Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) program is pretty broad, covering
everything from analog and digital design to power grid management. I'm most
interested in digital design and applications that combine ECE with CS. I like
programming a lot, and if I have time I'm hoping to complete a CS minor.
After I graduate, I'm planning to go for a Ph.D. I'm still deciding whether I want
to eventually go into industry or academia.
When I'm not at school, I live in Connecticut with my parents,
my little brother Andrew (he's 16), and our two cats Milkeyway and Cookie.
In my free time, I like to:
- play games, particularly Settlers of Catan : Cities & Knights,
Bid-Whist, and The Great Dalmuti
- play DDR for exercize (DDR's that really cheesy video game where you have to jump
around on a big pad on the floor in time to Japanese techno),
and other video games when I have the time
- watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer (my friends and I got into Buffy recently and are trying
to watch all of the episodes in order on DVD)
- read books - at the moment I'm really into Robert Jordan
- spend time outdoors. I love beaches and forests with streams and waterfalls - anywhere
there's water. Cornell is full of gorges that are beautiful to hike in.
- shop! But tragically, I never hang out with girls, so no one will ever go shopping
with me. The pains of studying engineering...
- and of course spend lots of time with my boyfriend of two years,
My Favorite Fun Websites:
- Adopt and take care of cute digital critters! I have a blue unicorn named Lyshea, a red dragon named Acra, a red wolf named
Honor, and a cute yellow goat-fox thing named Feyna.
- I'm totally addicted to desktop backgrounds (especially nature scenes - I'm a nature nut).
This site lets you download 5 pictures a day for free - I currently have over 350.
- Funny, funny, funny.